If you are planning to visit Boracay ( Caticlan Akalan, Philippines), here are the best tips I can give on how you can reach it from Manila. First of all, if you’re on a holiday/vacation make sure you have adequate travel health insurance, especially when traveling in SE Asia.
Here are the ways to get there:
- From Manila airport, take a domestic flight via Caticlan, Aklan for 60-90 minutes travel time. Here are some of the lists of airlines: AirPhils FlySeair CebuPacificAir
- When you reach Kalibo Airport, you take an air-conditioned bus going to Caticlan. It will take you for about 90 minutes to reach the Caticlan harbour.
- From Caticlan harbour, you’re going to take a boat ride for about 30 minutes to reach Boracay.
- Then from Boracay, you can choose where you can stay. There are lots of beach resort there that offers different kinds of entertainment and leisure time for a very affordable price.
- If it’s your first time to visit Boracay, it’ll be better to contact a travel agency and let them arrange the whole trip with you. Just prepare yourself for a higher rate. Anyway, it’s hassle free.